i like making these “what if…” assemblage comic book covers. they’re mindless fun. i feel collage is a taken-for-granted thing in comics and quickly making these covers accesses the same cut-up-stream-of-consciousness part of my brain that i have the most fun getting to when making comix.
1. richard hell is capt. america.
2. how cool would moebius xmen be? i like a lot of the ideas in xmen but can’t stand reading the actual comics with exception of grant morrison’s xmen. i do like 90s cartoon.
3. thought of tom taggart covers after doing this one.
4. superboy as robot gone wrong.
5. one of the most fun things about doing these is getting to editorialize/have a conversation with these jungian-pop icons. like putting forth the idea that richard hell is capt. america or that ditko’s spiderman is a fugitive, distant and wanted by the public.
12:58 pm • 30 September 2013 • 11 notes
from maxx clot’s "i eat mold for a living" 6 pager to be “pubed” later this year in insect bath #1
9:50 am • 30 September 2013 • 8 notes
my notes from a talk i gave at baltimore’s publications and multiples fair earlier this year march 9th 2013. still feeling the energy and love
10:37 am • 25 September 2013 • 20 notes
by jazor spark
1:20 pm • 20 September 2013 • 12 notes
spider palace #17-24
i made the majority of these drawings while my granddad was in hospice
not everyone gets how tuff that is because not everyone is close to their grandparents
for me my grandparents were my parents and best friends
these were all done with a fat sharpie marker on lazer paper and were a great place to direct all the overwhelming energy that comes with death and grief
i’m honored to have shared these drawings at baltimore’s open space and seattle’s cairo
3:23 pm • 18 September 2013 • 29 notes
lightning snake #5
by jazor spark
3:01 pm • 18 September 2013 • 8 notes
Missed Connections Comix: Don’t Shoot Tattoo!
6:20 pm • 17 September 2013 • 18 notes
maxx clot and i making a screen print down alabama way
i penciled and max inked most with some inks by me
max color scheme
11:03 am • 17 September 2013 • 41 notes
My beloved dog, Cosmo, in bunny disguise. I drew this for an art auction at a good friend’s animal shelter.
11:45 am • 12 September 2013 • 10 notes
Prison-style Cheese Hammy Sammy by Marc Palm
1:57 pm • 11 September 2013 • 16 notes
The Last Temptation of Business Baby & Infant Insidious!
10:37 am • 10 September 2013 • 11 notes